ACA Tax Training Webinar: Talking Through the Affordability Exemption
In this recording-only webinar, presented on March 30, 2016, Tara Straw, Senior Health Policy Analyst at CBPP, and Barbara DelBene, author of Tax Prep Dispatch at CFED, review the affordability exemption and walk through several basic examples of how to calculate whether a person is eligible for the exemption.
This recording is part of the series “ACA: What Tax Preparers Need to Know” that explains what volunteer tax preparers, outreach partners and others need to know about the Affordable Care Act to complete 2015 tax returns and to assist low-income tax clients.
View slide deck PDF.
Watch the Webinar
The Big Picture
- Affordability exemption
- Employer-sponsored coverage and affordability
- Marketplace coverage and affordability
Example 1: Bob
- Single taxpayer from state that did not expand Medicaid
Example 2: Max
- Single taxpayer from state that did expand Medicaid
Example 3: Lopez Family
- Multi-person household
- Affordability Exemption Primer | View resource
- ACA Examples for VITA and TCE Volunteers | View resource
- ACA: What Tax Preparers Need to Know Webinar Series | View series