Webinar: Federally-Facilitated Marketplace Renewal Process for 2016 Coverage
In this Health Reform: Beyond the Basics presentation, January Angeles, Senior Health Policy Analyst, describes the Federally-Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) process for renewing coverage and premium tax credits for 2016 coverage. It details how premium tax credits and cost-sharing reductions will be redetermined for people who do not return to the Marketplace to provide updated information.
View slide deck PDF.
Watch the Webinar
Overview of Open Enrollment
Reasons to return to the Marketplace for 2016 coverage
Auto-Enrollment into Plans in the FFM
What happens when a consumer’s plan is discontinued?
Auto-Renewal of APTCs in the FFM
FFM renewal process for 2015 coverage vs 2016 coverage
- Notices and outcome for those eligible for auto-enrollment with APTC (video section, slides)
- Notices and outcome or those eligible for auto-enrollment without APTC (video section, slides)
- When the FFM will use 2015 projected income (video section, slides)
- When the FFM will use 2014 tax data (video section, slides)
- Renewal process in 2016 (video section, slides)
Listen to Q&A from webinar presented on October 6, 2015: