CBPP Webinar: How Offers of Employer Coverage Affect Premium Tax Credit Eligibility
In the third in the “Beyond the Basics” series of webinars titled “How Offers of Employer Coverage Affect Premium Tax Credit Eligibility,” we discuss how an offer of health coverage from an employer affects premium tax credit eligibility, how to measure affordability and adequacy of employer coverage, and the responsibility of employers when providing offers of coverage.
Watch the Webinar
Part I: Premium Tax Credit Eligibility and Employer Coverage (Watch here)
Presented by Judy Solomon, Vice President for Health Policy, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- How an offer of coverage affects premium tax credit eligibility
- How affordability and adequacy of employer-sponsored insurance are measured for employees and families
- Watch Q&A
Part II: Employer Responsibility (Watch here)
Presented by Tara Straw, Senior Health Policy Analyst, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- The effects of the Treasury notice delaying implementation of certain aspects of employer responsibility
- The employer responsibility penalty and how it is calculated
- Who is a large employer?
- Who is a full-time worker?
- Who is a dependent?
- What are the requirements of an employer’s offer of coverage?
- Watch Q&A