Resource from Kaiser Family Foundation.
The Kaiser Family Foundation, with help from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities’ health team and the Georgetown Center on Health Insurance Reforms, recently released a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to help consumers better understand the Affordable Care Act. Through more than 150 questions and answers, the collection provides guidance to consumers about the law and how it applies to people in different circumstances.
- Marketplace Eligibility, Enrollment Periods, Plans and Premiums
- Individual Responsibility To Have Health Coverage
- Minimum Essential Coverage
- Help Paying Private Health Insurance Premiums
- Cost-Sharing Reductions
- Tobacco Surcharge for Premiums
- Marketplace Verification and Appeals
- Young Adults and Students
- Non-traditional Households
- Agricultural Workers
- Workers/Families with Job-based Health Coverage Questions
- Early Retirees
- People with Variable Incomes